Monday 23 December 2013

Sadie's 1st Christmas.

This past week I have been feeling really emotional about Sadie's 1st Christmas. I feel so blessed and so thankful that we get to spend Christmas with our blessing from above, our baby girl. There has been a lot of tragedies and sadness this past year in our family and with our friends. It makes you stop and take a step back and remember what Christmas really is about.

Hope is our assurance that God will finish all he has started and hope that God will do all that He promised.
Peace is coming.
Joy because Christ came down to save us.
Love came down.
This is how God showed His love:
He sent His one and only Son into the world
that we might live through Him. (1 John 4:9)


Not everyone is experiencing the feeling of joy this Christmas but know that there is Hope is Jesus Christ. We need to hold these loved ones up in prayer, especially at Christmas.

Sadie is still to young to know what Christmas is all about. I am looking forward to when she is a bit older so we can share with her the meaning of the season. I can't wait to start some of our own family Christmas traditions. My Mom always got us one ornament every Christmas. I have most of those ornaments hanging on my tree now. I really treasure them. This is a tradition I am starting with Sadie. She might be getting 3 ornaments for her 1st Christmas though...!
Can't wait to spend Christmas with my Sadie girl.

This is our picture we used last Christmas to announce that
we were expecting!
Well I have some last minute errands to finish off before my family arrives tomorrow! Can't wait to have them all here!  
The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. 
I know Santa photos are cheesy but oh so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment