Saturday 7 December 2013

The Move.

I've been a little bit weary of writing a post about our move to Kamloops since it has been full of so many highs and obviously a few lows too. God has been so faithful to us through this whole process! He is definitely taking care of all our needs.
On November 18, Mika picked me and Sadie up from Abbotsford and we drove 2 1/2 hours to our new home in Kamloops. That drive was hard. So many emotions. I've lived in the same place for my whole life so a 2 1/2 hour move is a big deal for me! With tears streaming down my cheeks we drove. I am so thankful for such a loving supportive husband in times like those. I knew God was carrying us the whole way. In between sobs I could hear the lyrics of a song that has been on my heart a lot through this whole moving process. That's when I was reminded that this IS God's will for our family.
Help me find it- Sidewalk Prophets (you can listen here)
I don’t know where to go from here
It all used to seem so clear
I’m finding I can’t do this on my own

I don’t know where to go from here
As long as I know that You are near
I’m done fighting
I’m finally letting go

I will trust in You
You’ve never failed before
I will trust in You

If there’s a road I should walk
Help me find it
If I need to be still
Give me peace for the moment
Whatever Your will
Whatever Your will
Can you help me find it
Can you help me find it

I’m giving You fear and You give faith
I giving you doubt
You give me grace
For every step I’ve never been alone

Even when it hurts, You’ll have Your way
Even in the valley I will say
With every breath
You’ve never let me go

I will wait for You
You’ve never failed before
I will wait for You


That week was also hard since Mika was training and was working longer days than he would be normally. I never have really felt that lonely before. Through all of this I have really leaned on God. He has been so faithful to us. We only know a handful of people in Kamloops but so far have been connected to all of them. It is really nice to see a few familiar faces when you are in a new place!
I have been here for 3 weeks now. It feels like it has gone by really fast but really slow at the same time too if that makes any sense? I have already been back to Abbotsford. My Mom dropped me off to take the bus home. That was HARD! My Mom and I are so close and it has been a struggle to be apart. But through lots of visits, facetime and texts I know we will make this work!
My family has been so supportive through this whole process. My brother and nephew have already been up to visit Mika and my Dad and sister come up today! We are so loved and so thankful for them. Since Mika is on call on his days off he is not able to leave Kamloops (this is temporary) my whole family is coming up for Christmas! We can't wait to have a white Christmas and go sledding, ice skating, and just enjoy each others company. Mika's family is coming up for New Years as well!
So far I am loving Kamloops. I love our house. Our view is beautiful! (a gift from God I'm sure). It is a really cool city and we are having a lot of fun exploring. With Mika's new job as a fire fighter he is working 4 on and 4 off. He gets to spend SO much more time with Sadie and I which makes this move so worth it.
 Sadie is doing great by the way! She is such a happy baby and is at such a fun stage right now.
Our view!

A rainbow we saw on one of our moving days.
 A sign of God's promise and faithfulness.

Well that is all for today. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment