Wednesday 11 April 2012

Relax, refresh, renew....

Sometimes you just need to get away from it all and relax. We are  SO very blessed to be able to go to our family cabin every so often and do so.
We went away this past Easter Weekend. It was just Mika and I and my parents. Normally the whole family goes so it was a little quieter that most trips to the cabin.
There are so many reasons why we all love the cabin but some of my favorite moments are waking up and drinking a hot cup of coffee while gazing at the lake and the mountains, sipping a glass of wine on the patio, and spending quality time with family and friends.
Since my Opa passed away this past year trips to the cabin always have moments of sadness to them since we have so many memories of Opa at the cabin. Opa has left such a huge legacy and I am so proud to have been one of his grandaughters! He was the most generous, and gentle hearted man I knew and I miss him tremendously. I can't believe that almost a year ago we had our last trip to the cabin with Opa. This was my last picture take with Opa last year on Fathers Day weekend.
me & Opa

While we were at the cabin this weekend Mika smoked fish just the way Opa used to! While Opa was in the hospital Mika spent countless hours visiting with Opa and jotting down notes on things he said. He got Opa to give him instructions on how to smoke fish.

All in all we have a wonderful, relaxing time at the cabin! Here are some photos. :)
me and my sexy hubby
some good reads
tea and macaroons!
obviously some wino with mom!

Happy Wednesday!
Mel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment