Monday 26 March 2012

Weekend Love

Wow it is crazy how much happier I feel when the SUN comes out! This weekend made me super excited about spring and summer.
This weekend was really good for a few reasons.. I got to spend the whole day on Saturday  with my friend Danielle who is sadly moving back to Winnipeg in a few short weeks! We have worked together for a few years now so she will be greatly missed! The day started off with a sunny drive into Kerrisdale where we walked around and did a little thrifting! I found a cute shabby chic mirror and a frame to make into a chalkboard for Tracycakes.
We then went to Secret Garden for high tea which was simply a divine experience. Mom and I have been there once before and I just knew Danielle would love it since she is a fellow high tea lover.


 The evening was spent having some fondue with some friends from the fire department! Butch and Gina make the best fondue. The cheese balls are too die for! I made an Angel Food cake topped with fresh berries to celebrate the nice spring day! I used my new mixer that Mika suprised me with for Christmas! I really have the best husband.

Since the sun was so inspiring this weekend I decided I want to re-do our deck and try and make it a bit more relaxing feeling! Here are some photos of spring/summer inspiration for the deck. I am definetly going to make another herb garden this year. 


Happy Monday!
Mel xo




No comments:

Post a Comment