Saturday 31 March 2012

Through thick and thin..

"A friend is someone who believes in you.. when you've ceased to believe in yourself"
Leanne, me, Skye, Christine B, Ashley, Christine W


    I think good friends are one of Gods greatest blessings. These are my girlfriends that I have spent every Tuesday night with for almost 3 years. We had all been going to The Bridge for awhile but hadn't really gotten connected with anyone at church. Mike and Christine stepped up and put up a sign up sheet for a "young and married with no kids yet" bible study.  Long story short we all signed up and now almost three years later, two couples have 1 year olds and one couple has a 6 month old and well the rest of us are loving holding and snuggly them every week!
These girls have been such a great support group for me. We have all been through so much together and we support one another through the ups and downs of life. We have studied many chapters of the bible and try to learn as much as we can about it but relate it to our own lives now. We have done a few Francis Chan books which I highly recommend. They will challenge your faith tremendously. We have done video series on marriage.
We pray with each other, cry with each other, believe in each other, and celebrate with each other. I think we have come a long way since we met almost three years ago. I am so thankful to have each and everyone of you girls in my life! Love you all.

Mel xo



No comments:

Post a Comment