Saturday 14 July 2012

Love to jam!

There is something about making jam that is comforting and fun to me! It's something that after a few hours you can look back and actually see how much you accomplished! I love giving homemade jam as a gift to someone. I feel proud that I made it and I hope it makes their day a little brighter when they spread it on some toast.
Last week I made freezer raspberry jam. It's delicious on fresh baked buns!

raspberry jam on buns= sooo good and so menno right?


This week my dad came home from a weekend in the Okanagan with a flat of apricots for me to make jam. It was so generous of him and reminded me a lot of kind gestures my Opa used to do for us to show us he loved us. Anyways... So my sister and I decided to "jam" together so she could make raspberry and I could make apricot. It was a bit of chaos but we ended up making 25 jars of apricot jam and 14 jars of raspberry jam!
apricot and raspberry jam

i love these cute jars and labels!
I found a link on pinterest to print these adorable labels. Labels make everything look even better! Find the link here!
Well I am off to go for a morning hike and then off to the farmers market! Happy Saturday everyone!

Mel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment