Thursday 5 July 2012

Currently!

I haven't done a "currently" post in awhile so I thought I would do one since we are FINALLY in a new season of summer! I don't know about you but I am so glad summer finally arrived! This weekend we plan to have a nice BBQ by the river with some friends and then on Sunday hopefully my sister and I can strap my picnic basket to my bike and ride somewhere! I bought a bike rack with the intention of strapping my picnic basket to it. So far it has been more of a cute vintage accessory than anything of use...

Currently...

Obsessing over: tea cups (if you haven't noticed!) The library!! I know so geeky right? But it's SO useful and a bonus is that it's FREE! You can look up popular books online and put them on hold and it doesn't even take that long. I even checked out a Jamie Oliver cookbook this week.

Working on: Still working on my patience...This ones a hard one for me! Also working on seeking after Gods will on a daily basis. Also working on being more active. Lately I have been doing a lot of hikes with Mika!

Thinking about: painting our room grey...what's a good grey colour? Grey is such a hard shade to pick!
I've also been thinking a lot about canning! I have some new canning recipes I want to try this year like sweet corn relish and vanilla apricot jam. YUM!

Anticipating: enjoying summer! Looking forward to relaxing weekends spent picnicking, bbq-ing, biking,...going to the cabin..bare feet..maxi dresses!

Eating: Local berries! Can't wait for blueberries as well.

Praying for: for patience in all areas of my life, Praying for patience on waiting on Gods timing, Prayers of thankfulness for Gods grace and love that I'm so undeserving of.

Wishing for: that my hair would grow faster! I miss wearing it curly and in ponytails. for more time with my husband doing things we love, still wishing for mint pants, for a pedicure sometime soon, for a headboard for our bed.I'm hoping Mika will help me make one....


Well I'm off to read and go to bed. Have a good Friday and enjoy your weekend in the SUN. I know I will!
I'll leave you with some recent photos of what I've been up to.

we hiked The Chief in Squamish!
Me and Sarah!

picnic and wine on top of The Chief = awesome day!


cuddles with Fox


at the cabin for Father's Day. I love you Pops!

Love him

Look I play baseball! Here is proof. Last game I struck out twice. Ouch!
Obviously I just play for fun and for the social aspect.

Mel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment