Tuesday 31 July 2012

Persistence...!

Sometimes I feel like I keep praying and praying for something and that for some reason God is not answering my prayers. BUT if you dig deeper into his word you will discover that God promises answered prayers. Here is some proof.
9And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Luke 11:9-10

    I found a lot of encouragement in this today. I also need to remember that what I want isn't always what God wants and he knows what is best for me! I need to be patience and persistent in prayer and it will all work out in Gods timing. A good friend once told me to try being more specific when praying. Sometimes I pray and am quite vague about what I am asking for because I think God just "knows" what I want but in the word it says "6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7
That is proof that God wants us to come to him with all of our needs. I need to remember these verses when I worry that things aren't happening when I think they should or when I am trying to plan my life out on my own.
God is good! Happy Tuesday all! I think it might be thrify Tuesday....I'll post pics later if I find anything exciting!

Mel xo




No comments:

Post a Comment