Wednesday 8 January 2014

Currently.

Currently.....

Obsessing over: my juicer! I make Mika and I fresh healthy juices every day. I am so amazed of how many veggies and fruit I can pack into one cup of juice! So far my favorite combo is spinach, kale, pineapple and carrots.

Working on: Right now I am working on being content. Moving is hard to say the least. I am taking it one day at a time. I am really trying to find the small joys in each day and have a more thankful attitude.
Today's joy was that Mika was able to take Sadie and I shopping downtown and on a coffee date. We are so blessed with all the time we get to spend together as a family with Mika's new job.

This is a verse that I printed and hung in my kitchen as a daily reminder.

Always be joyful.  Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 
1 Thessalonions 5:16-18

Thinking about: How we can get more connected in Kamloops. We are trying a new church and we really like it so far. But we both know that we need to get more involved to actually get connected. We want to join a bible study and I will start going to the women's group next week. Trying new things like this always makes me really nervous. I know going out of my comfort zone is the only way I am going to make friends here and feel more connected though.
I am also working on getting back into more of a routine. Since Mika's work schedule is a lot different than his old Monday-Friday job I kind of lost my routine. I thrive on routine! So this week I am trying to have more of a daily schedule.

Anticipating: My visit to Abbotsford. I am coming on Friday! I am really looking forward to seeing my family and my friends.

Eating: Trying to get back into our normal healthy eating now that the holidays are over. Today I am cooking Jamie Oliver meatloaf. I know meatloaf has a bad rep but I love all Jamie Oliver recipes so I gave this one a try awhile ago and it is one of my hubby's favorites!

Praying for: That God would use this time to draw me closer to Him. Praying for more connections in our new home. Praying for a house to call home.


Wishing for: A new winter hat. I am not used to living somewhere so cold that I need to wear a hat all the time outside!

Well Sadie is down for her morning nap. This mama needs to do her workout video! Jillian Michaels is kicking my butt so far...!

Happy Wednesday :)

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment