Saturday 18 January 2014

Saturday thoughts.

Sometimes I feel like my heart is in two places. One half is here in Kamloops with our little family of 3. The other half is back in Abbotsford with our family and the community we built there. I am still trying to navigate through this territory. Moving has been a really hard adjustment for me.
I do love our new life in Kamloops. I love that Mika is home a lot more and we get to spend a lot of time together as a family. I love the rolling hills. I love that it doesn't rain, like ever! I love the constant sunshine and the dusting of snow.
The hard days are when Mika is working his day shifts. It's those days I realize how lonely I am here. I find it really hard not having family or friends here. I am a very social person. I didn't really realize how much time I actually spent with friends or dropping by Tracycakes to see my Mom and sister until now.
I am praying that we find community here in a church. We are still trying to figure out where we want to go to attend. We were so comfortable at The Bridge. One big family. Its hard to think that we can find that again. Our old bible study has been together for almost 5 years. I guess it is a little bit daunting for me to just start over in a church.  I know I need to go out of my comfort zone to make friends.
God is using this time to draw me closer to him and strengthen our little family. I am also using this time to try new hobbies! I was at MCC this week and picked up a crib board and some knitting needles. I thought Mika and I could spend the evenings drinking wine and playing crib. Learning to knit has also been a skill I have always wanted to learn! In the spring I want to plant a garden. Currently I am practicing my garden skills on some herbs in my window sill.

This was posted on Ann Voskamp's page yesterday.
It was a little shot of encouragement for me.


Happy Saturday!

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment