Tuesday 11 February 2014

Currently.

Currently.....

Obsessing over: making crafts. I have always loved creating and crafting but lately I can't stop for some reason. Maybe it's all this cold weather that has me cooped up inside.

Reading: Spirit Led Parenting - This book is a must read for sure! It is the best parenting book I have read so far. Well I have only read a handful in my 7 months of being a mama but this is by far the best approach to parenting I have read. It is a book geared to first time moms. A short summary is...
We ask God for advice on lots of stuff in our lives like our jobs, our finances, our marriages ect but we sometimes forget to ask him for advice about our babies! Which is totally true... Do you know how many hours I have spent on mommy blogs or boards looking for advice on things like "sleep regression, teething, nursing at night, sleeping through the night". I never really thought to pray and ask God how I should deal with these issues. Silly now that I think of it.
I am also reading the Matched series. An easy read but keeps you interested!

Working on: Being more intentional about being a "spirit led" parent. I am trying to pray about any issues to do with Sadie.

Thinking about: A future house. Should we build a house or buy one? I am looking forward to planting some roots here in Kamloops. I think I will feel more rooted once we have a home to call our own!

Anticipating: Sadie's first Valentine's Day. I love Valentine's Day even if its cheesy! We are going to go on a family date to Tracycakes to celebrate.
 My hubby is on holidays starting on Friday and we are heading back to the coast for a visit! I am really looking forward to that as well. Can't wait to see my fam. :)
Sadie's first craft!

EatingCooking has been a little boring here lately. Mika has worked some extra night shifts so that's probably why! When he works nights I don't cook. Tonight I had quinoa taco salad. Since that was too healthy I had to eat some cupcakes after. ;)

Praying for: connection. community. not feeling so "new". a place to call home.


Wishing for: SPRING! Is winter over yet? I am so done with snow and coldness and fuzzy hair from wearing cute knit hair accessories.

Mel xo

I'll leave you with a couple shots of my Sadie girl from this week.

Be still my heart. 


Her little personality is emerging more and more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment