Monday 17 February 2014

I miss this.

Right now we are visiting for the week.  No one told me that even coming back to visit would be hard. You would think that visiting would just be a fun happy ordeal. Again it feels like my heart is in two places.
Yesterday we went back to our old church for a visit. Although it was so amazing to see everyone, it was also emotionally draining for me. My heart longs for the feeling of community again. Where church feels like a big family and where you hold each others babies during the service just because you love to see them grow and change.
I guess when we are here I realize all that I am missing in our new life. My husband is such an amazing support through all of this. He keeps reminding me of all the positives that we do have in our new city. I am again reminded of 1 Thessolians 5:16-18

Always be joyful. Never stop praying.
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus,


I know God has a plan and that we followed His will by moving. I know we will make more friends and connections and build community. It's just this in between phase that is tough.
Although I have a few sad moments, I am really enjoying our visit and having a lot of fun! Today we are taking Sadie swimming for the first time.
Happy Monday!
Mel xo

Here are some photos of Sadie's Valentines photo shoot. She mostly wanted to eat the hearts!










Mel 

No comments:

Post a Comment