Sunday 22 April 2012

Spring has sprung!

This weekend was just what I needed! On Friday night we had a baseball game (I know I play baseball right?) and then we were off to a bbq/bonfire at our good friends Mike and Sarah's place. They live on a farm which I am so jealous of! I need to remind myself to not covet them when I am there!
We had a nice relaxing Saturday morning and Mika made me some delicious coffee (seriously my fave part of the week with him!) We just sit and relax and catch up each others week.
On Saturday night Mika took me on a picnics date to the river. The first picnic of the year is always so promising and gives me hope that summer is coming!
Sunday was such a good day as well! We went to church and then I went shopping with my mom and sister. I went shopping to buy one pair of flats....but I ended up with 2 pairs of flats, sandles and a tank top!! All for $50! They were such good deals and I have been really wanting some new spring shoes. 
We also celebrated Mika's birthday with my family on Sunday evening. He is turning 26 this year. I LOVE birthdays but sadly my husband doesn't share my birthday monster attitude that I have so normally it is pretty low key. His only request is to go to the Olive Garden!
All in all we had a wonderful weekend!! Now it's Sunday evening and time to relax and get ready for a busy week ahead of us!
Last weekend I posted about slowing down and not being so busy that I don't have time for God. I feel that this past week I did make time to spend with God and it made a big difference on how my week went. I have started going to Sumas Mountain Coffee on George Furgason for a latte. I bring my bible and journal and just have some quiet time and it is wonderful! They seriously make the best lattes. My fave is the toffeenut latte. God is good!

at my new fave hang out having a latte!

me and my new basket my hubby got me for my birthday!






we were the only ones there! so romantic!


love him

tea with my favourite nephew Jonah!
my new finds! "Life is short wear cute shoes!"

 Have a good week!
Mel xo


No comments:

Post a Comment