Tuesday 17 April 2012

Slowing down...

Lately I have been feeling challenged to truly surrender myself to God and his plans for my life. This is hard thing for a girl who loves to plan everything about her life! Some things I am working on are making sure I am resting and listening to what God is trying to tell me. I would imagine it would be hard to tell someone something if they were busy running around all the time. I am totally guilty for always having a full schedule and burning myself out. Lately I have been challenging myself to make sure I am not SO busy that I cannot hear God speaking into my life whether that be through a sermon at church or through my morning devotional.  When I get too busy and tired sometimes church and devotions are the first thing that get skipped. This is something I am ashamed to admit, but sometimes we need to be real with ourselves in order to change.
My goal is to slow down and enjoy all the small moments in life and really listen for God's still soft voice...

maybe I will grab a latte and just be still and listen..



On another note this week has been really great! Yesterday morning I woke up to find my morning smoothie made and a "just because" card in my car. I love my husband!

Mel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment