Sunday 27 May 2012

Life lately

Wow I feel like I haven't posted in so long. Life has been busy lately but I have lots to share today. I was inspired by Bonnys post over on Yours Truly about "giving up on good".  There is a bit of a buzz going on in the christian blogging world! A group of women started doing the Soul Detox devotional and sharing their thoughts on twitter and instagram. I started doing the devotional but was a bit behind to start in on the discussion. All you need to do is download the Bible App and then search and download the devotional Soul Detox. It is basically a devotional that is focusing on what the name is. Detoxing your soul and making your heart and mind set on pure and rightous things rather than the garbage the world has to offer.
Gods really been working on my heart in these last few weeks. He's been showing me what I need to work on and it's truly been an amazing blessing. God is so good and I am so undeserving of his grace. I feel that God has been showing me that I don't always need to look like I have it all together. Whether that be to my bible study friends, other friends, and family. It's ok to admit that you don't have it all together and that your life isn't perfect. I don't need to have this false idenity to define who I am. What I need is to have and show everyone is my idenity is found in Christ not in having a perfect put together life.  He's teaching me that.....
It's OK that the house isn't always clean.....
it's OK that I don't have name brand pinterest worthy clothes.......
it's OK that we don't have a big house with a yard.........
it's OK that sometimes I screw up and don't act how I should around others....
It's OK because my identity is found in Christ and he will make all things right.


On Tuesday my morning devotional was on Philipians 4: 6-9 and wouldn't you know that on Tuesday night at bible study we talked about that same verse. I feel that it was God speaking to me through scripture. What a blessing it was!

"6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you." Philipians 4:6-9


Well happy Sunday. I'll leave you with some life lately photos via instagram!
Mel xo
my vintage market finds
our vintage market setup for Tracycakes
high tea with the ladies
saw this at the vintage market! Mika is going
to make me one in a "mini" form
dinner in White Rock with good friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment